Job Title: Key Account Manager (KAM) Location: Abuja/Lagos
Department: Sales Employment Type: Full Time
Reports To: Head of Sales Job Grade: Mid-Level
The Key Account Manager is responsible for managing key accounts, maintaining a long-term relationship with accounts and maximizing sales opportunities within them. He/she will need a high level of an innovative and eager mind in order to research, propose, and sell services and respond effectively to clients’ queries.
The Key Account Manager will hold end-to-end process ownership of all Layer3 client’s life cycle from Prospecting, Acquiring, Conversion (closing the deal), Retention and Loyalty. He/she must be an energetic, detailed, and customer-focused person with the ability to prioritize work, liaise with team members, and work as an individual to achieve targets and complete goals. The primary objective is to develop strategic partnerships with key account decision-makers to drive revenue and position Layer3 for larger wins in the future.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Focusing on growing and developing existing clients, together with generating new business.
2. Develop, penetrate and maintain relationships with key decision-makers at existing key accounts through regular planned contact
3. Meet and exceed yearly sales targets.
4. Develop a solid understanding of all unique purchasing/sourcing processes, procedures and decision criteria to formulate a strategic account penetration plan detailing the actions necessary to effectively and profitably close orders with each account.
5. Analyze customer needs and identify product solutions to fit needs, desires and budget.
6. Search for new clients and create a database of prospects that will benefit from company products or services and maximize customer potential in designated regions.
7. Playing an integral role in new business pitches and hold responsibility for the effective onboarding of new clients.
8. Write business plans for all current and opportunity tender business.
9. Develop long-term relationships with customers
10. Manage and interpret customer requirements - speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs;
11. Calculate and issue client quotations;
12. Negotiate tender and contract terms to meet both client and company needs;
13. Administer client accounts;
14. Analyzing costs and sales
15. Record and maintain client contact data
16. You will act as the key interface between the customer and all relevant divisions
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Strong account management and relationship-building skills.
2. Experience of managing major national accounts.
3. Highly self-motivated.
4. A solid sales background;
5. Ability to research and quickly disseminate information
6. Excellent customer service skills
7. Excellent skills in business and report writing
8. Excellent communicator
9. Sound judgment and good business sense
10. Team working ability
11. The ability to build relationships with clients quickly
12. Analytical and problem-solving skills
13. Resilience and tenacity
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
1. University Degree or its equivalent, preferably in Computer/Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Computer Science is required
2. Three or more years field sales and amount management professional experience with an ICT Solutions Provider
3. Relevant experience in the sale of IT services with knowledge of solutions from Juniper Networks, Blue Coat, F5, Cisco and VMware will be an added advantage
1. Input data regarding quotations and sales into ERP software (with 0% error rate)
2. Prepare weekly reports and track sales projections
3. Prepare monthly sales report
4. Provides quarterly sales figure to determine budget projections
5. Provide reports on new clients demanding for the company’s products
6. Organize and plan work to meet deadlines
7. Establish and maintain working relationships with colleagues, staff in other departments, and members of the public.
1. On-call availability
2. Willingness and ability to travel and be away for long periods of time at a go
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.